Concurrency in Python and other Languages
- 1 minute pitch about OpDemand and what we do.
- Processing HTTP requests with Twisted.
- Dealing with blocking code in Twisted (couchdb-python and pika).
- Doing long running work with Celery from Twisted.
- Communicating between web workers with ZMQ.
- Writing code that can be concurrent.
SXSW Interactive 2013
- Chicago Tech @ SXSW
- Other Highlights
Threadless Loves Python
In the last year the Threadless engineering department has almost completely changed from PHP and MySQL to Python and MongoDB. I would like to do a brief overview of how we use Python today which will cover our replatformed website, our API, and our internal message queuing system.