Post djangocon: An overview of edX
Date: Sept. 12, 2013, 7 p.m.
edx is a major django application serving huge numbers of students for MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Berkely, and more.
- A brief history of Computer-Based Instruction (python has a role);
- incomplete survey of current open-source CBI;
- edX: how's it different / what's it's rough structure, what (besides django/python) is involved;
- edX: hacking the platform (django development);
- edX: hacking courses; a deployment-level VM, and how to get started there;
- finally: future topics: deployment; what this can't do (maybe) and why;
- wrapup: call for interest & edx project night(s);
I'll try to have some USBs for anyone who want to try one of the edX VMs during the talk