Featured: Software Engineer II, Backend at Zoro
Job Type: Full-Time
Zoro offers millions and millions of products — an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture — we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
We now want to scale our secret recipe which is why we need talented folks like you to help us provide a world-class customer experience by developing and delivering game-changing digital solutions.
Zoro engineering is embarking on an exciting journey to build core engineering competencies that will enable us to make 100s of targeted releases daily, delighting our customers and giving them the best experience possible. Our engineering team is composed of a talented group of front-end, back-end, and full-stack engineers. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team of gifted developers and begin your journey of unleashing your true potential.
Constant improvements to zoro.com are delivered by our product teams. You will be on a high performing scrum team with approximately 4-6 software engineers as well as a dedicated tech lead, product owner, and architect. Ideally we are looking for engineers who are well rounded in building scalable applications but that doesn’t mean we won’t provide an environment that’ll help you grow.
Your objective will be to build and support robust tools and applications that support our business. To be successful in this role you must be the kind of software engineer who can produce fast, space and memory efficient code. We have endless data being shipped around between applications and we cannot afford to fall behind. We don’t care if you taught yourself, attended a boot camp, or have a Computer Science degree; we care that you know your stuff. This means you have superb software engineering fundamentals, produce thoughtfully designed code that is reliable and maintainable. All of that is meaningless without thorough testing, of course. We’re looking for engineers that are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills that will continue to make a difference as Zoro steps the next step forward.
Technologies We Use:
- The language you use doesn’t have to match what we use. However for transparency we use Python almost exclusively on our backend but that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t use the right tool for the job moving forward.
- As you are developing, testing should be at the forefront of your mind. Everything moving to production should have a unit test along with it.
- We also utilize Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, RabbitMQ among others.
- For our databases, we heavily rely on Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Redis. We have a couple other platforms in use throughout our applications.
- Our cloud platform is currently AWS but are transitioning to GCP. It’s important to understand the tools and services offered by a cloud service provider in order to choose the best option for your application.
- git push origin source-control
- Are there others? Yes. Is our stack fun? Yes. Will you get to work on what interests you? Yes. Should you apply? Yes.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4+ years experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools
- Mastery of one programming language and working knowledge of at least one other
- Familiarity with multiple frameworks from languages and domains
- Understanding of multiple programming paradigms
- Good grasp of design patterns and anti-patterns
Company Website: http://zoro.com
Job Posted by: Bernard Estanislao
How To Apply:
Please apply by accessing this link: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=168821&company=Grainger