Full Stack Software Engineer at Hangar A
Job Type: Full-Time
Hangar A, LLC, a dynamic early stage technology start-up based in Chicago, is seeking a talented full stack Web Applications Developer to join our development team. Hangar A is developing the air cargo industry’s most advanced digital logistics platform focused on the end-to-end automation of moving air freight globally. The next gen platform allows shippers to schedule, track, and analyze their transportation supply chain, combining digital automation, process optimization, and state-of-the-art freight analytics to improve the speed and delivery of air freight shipments.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of features and enchantments to the Hangar A platform. They will also contribute to architecture, product development tools and processes. Key areas of development include: Advanced search, behavioral and predictive modeling, route/cost optimization, dynamic rate management, API development, rights management, user administration and UI implementation. In this role, you will be working directly with other development team members and product management to evaluate market requirements, translate them into detailed functional specifications, and implement the underlying software tasks as defined and agreed, in close cooperation with product marketing and sales.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with a minimum of 3 years of software development experience. The ideal candidate should have directly participated in the development of production enterprise products using agile software practices with a heavily reusable, component-based, multi-tier service-oriented architecture. The qualified candidate shall have the ability to deliver high quality code on-time and within established software standards.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
● Expertise in Python/Django backend frameworks
● Expertise in Front-End frameworks using Angular, React or Vue
● Strong database skills with both native SQL and ORM frameworks
● Knowledge of multi-tier architectures and SOA
● Web Services - REST, APIs and JSON
● Experience with production environments, deployment and AWS a plus
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
Must be self-motivated and able to work in a focused, fast paced and collaborative environment. Have passion for the product you create and be willing to push the envelope in terms of function, fit, and usability. Ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment. Possess solid problem solving skills - able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution. Desire to be a key impact player - rolling-up the sleeves to do whatever it takes to deliver results at or above expectations. Strong communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, to promote new ideas effectively.
● A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or closely related technical field
● Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related fields is a major plus.
WHY WORK WITH US?
● Hangar A provides a competitive compensation and benefits program to attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled and talented workforce. This position will include a competitive base salary, a variable bonus based on company performance, and stock equity ownership.
● At Hangar A you will get to participate in and help define the direction of an industry disrupting product that will be one of the first in the air freight logistics space.
● Hangar A promotes a healthy work environment by creating a space where high-achievers have the ability to excel. We offer flex hours, an open and creative work environment, and a culture of strong teamwork and collaboration.
Remote, with periodic travel to Chicago area office
Company Website: hangara.com
Job Posted by: Patrick Frost
How To Apply:
Apply directly to the position at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Patrick Frost at 630-417-8366.