Featured: Sr. Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform at Zoro
Job Type: Full-Time
Zoro is an eCommerce company that’s on a mission to help business owners get everything they need to run their businesses and thrive–from office supplies to power tools. But we’re way more than a website. We’re a team of great people with an award-winning culture. Check us out and see for yourself!
Zoro’s data science team uses state-of-the-art machine learning infrastructure to build, deploy, and maintain models the company depends on. We have built out an internal machine learning platform and core MLOps pipelines and are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us improve and scale those capabilities.
In this role, you will help design and shape the foundational infrastructure that supports Zoro’s data science models. You will join a diverse data science team that currently has dozens of models in production and is constantly working to deploy new features and capabilities to fuel the company’s growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain existing MLOps tools used by the data science team
- Design and implement approaches to enhance the performance and reliability of data science model pipelines
- Understand team and company objectives to help prioritize the feature roadmap for ongoing development
- Build self-service and automated components of the machine learning platform to enable the development, deployment, and monitoring of machine learning models.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to identify requirements, understand system dependencies, and propose solutions that help Zoro iterate more quickly and effectively manage deployed machine learning models
- Identify and recommend new components, including open-source tools and managed services
- Lead engagements with external vendors and technical partners
- A commitment to platform thinking and a DevOps mindset
- Expert Python skills with demonstrated ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure); GCP preferred
- Understanding of machine learning processes, model types, workflows, and terminology
- Experience using containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes in production environments, as well as optimizing those tools for improved performance
- Understanding of software development and software engineering principles, including version control, modularization, API development, and integrations between front-end and back-end layers
- Knowledge in one or more model serving frameworks like Seldon Core, Ray Serve, KServe, NVIDIA Triton Inference Server, FastAPI, or ONNX Runtime.
- Demonstrated experience using and maintaining orchestration tools such as Airflow or Kubeflow for production workloads
- Exposure to automated build tools (Jenkins, etc.) and continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles
- Ability to write clear documentation and convey technical concepts to peers
- Experience with one or more feature stores, like VertexAI Feature Store, Feast, Tecton, or Hopsworks
- Hands-on experience with machine learning frameworks like Tensorflow, scikit-learn, or MLlib
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code (IaC) technologies and automated infrastructure management/deployment patterns (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Helm)
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging using tools like DataDog or Prometheus + Grafana
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture:
Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented and valued. We aim to empower all of our employees to learn about, raise awareness of, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow, and thrive.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company Website: zoro.com
Job Posted by: Zax Rosenberg
How To Apply: