Manager, Software Development at Lumere
Location: Chicago and Remote
Job Type: Full-Time
Lumere, a GHX company, is a product line comprised of clinicians, researchers and strategic thought leaders focused on helping health systems eliminate unwarranted clinical variation and cut unnecessary costs—specifically related to medical device selection and utilization.
As a Manager, Software Development on the Product Introduction Management team at Lumere, you will be leading a small team of full-stack software engineers working to provide robust tools for health systems to evaluate medical product requests and standardize their value analysis processes. The responsibilities of this role are a hybrid of both people management and engineering leadership.
As an engineering leader, you will help the team architect solutions and break down complex tasks, perform code reviews, contribute code to the application, and progress our tech stack with modern techniques, frameworks, and tooling. You will closely collaborate with the Product team to refine requirements, provide technical guidance, and ensure prioritized work is completed to achieve quarterly and annual OKRs.
As a people manager, you will help enable career development opportunities for your direct reports, provide timely constructive and positive feedback, deliver twice yearly performance reviews, and assist with hiring top engineering talent. You will help mentor engineers on both your and other teams, working to promote a strong culture of continuous learning.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of 3-5 full stack software engineers, providing feedback and career guidance.
- Actively develop and code alongside the team
- Lead the technical direction for the work your team is focused on.
- Ensure that everyone on the team has a voice in the decisions being made while taking ownership of the outcomes.
- Focus on code quality with meaningful test coverage, legibility, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with the Product team at all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Develop and deploy changes to our production systems through Gitlab CI/CD.
- Contribute to our Agile culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintain and build upon our existing application infrastructure in AWS.
- Actively mitigate risk of failed delivery and missed deadlines through courageous, transparent communication with colleagues and stakeholders throughout an agile life cycle.
- Identify technical debt and performance bottlenecks within our systems, come up with a plan to improve the code, and get team buy-in.
- Contribute to in-house technical presentations and workshops that share your expertise.
Skills related to the position
- Python / Django
- Vue JS
Estimated salary range for this position: $118,200 - $157,500
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few.
Company Website: https://www.lumere.com/
Job Posted by: Nic Moe
This posting is from a recruiting agency.
How To Apply:
You can apply at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GLO1005/JobBoard/3f12fca3-8279-522e-91f8-6bb88fd3387c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=1ba6d632-ce10-48d2-aa80-5dd9f9a51da2
If you have any questions about this role or about Lumere, contact Nic Moe at email@example.com.